Civil Litigation is the process by which injured, aggrieved, and wronged parties seek assistance from the Courts. If such disputes cannot be resolved by direct negotiation or mediation, the next step in pursuing the clients’ rights is to file suit in the California Superior Court or the United States District Court.
The Brereton Law Office is experienced in both prosecuting and defending all forms of civil litigation that may normally confront individuals and businesses in our community. Our attorneys regularly appear in civil cases in the Santa Cruz Superior Court, the Santa Clara Superior Court, other Bay Area Superior Courts, and in the United States District Courts.
The Brereton Law Office has successfully litigated a wide variety of civil claims including business claims, real estate disputes, fraud, trust and inheritance litigation, injury and death claims, elder abuse, and other general civil litigation such as:
- Claims for fraud, stealing of assets, conversion, and false representations;
- Suits to defend or establish rights in corporations, LLC’s, partnerships and businesses;
- Suits for control of, to protect, or dissolve corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies;
- Suits to stop unlawful business practices and to recover money damages;
- Suits to defend rights in real property;
- Real property disputes, partition, boundaries, easements, and nuisance claims;
- Suits for and against Home Owners Associations (HOA);
- Demands and suits arising from the purchase or sale of real property;
- Suits by and against construction contractors related to defective construction;
- Suit to protect rights under family estates and living trusts;
- Claims to recover money damages for breach of trust, breach of fiduciary duty, and elder abuse;
- Will contests and undue influence claims;
- Claims for insurance benefits and based upon bad faith of the insurance company;
- Claims for failure to pay loans, promissory notes, and other debts;
- Demands to enforce contracts;
- Suits to recover damages by reason of breach of contract;
- Commercial debt collection cases, representing both debtors and creditors;
- Fraudulent transfer cases, defense and prosecution;
- Harassment and injunction claims and defenses;
- Pursuit of damages arising from accidental injury;
- Wrongful death actions;
- Suit for injuries arising from automobile accidents, collisions, track accidents, pedestrian injuries, and accidents caused by DUI drivers;
- Claims for injuries arising from domestic violence;
- Suits for damages based upon premises liability, unsafe buildings, and dangerous conditions;
- Accidental injury cases; and
- Suits for damages and injuries arising from assault and battery.
Our Attorneys are admitted to practice before the Superior Court of the State of California, and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California.
Our attorneys practice in all courts of the Central Coast and the San Francisco Bay Area, with a principal focus on the Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Alameda, San Mateo, San Francisco, Contra Costa, Monterey, and San Benito County Superior Courts. The firm has also represented clients in the counties of Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Sonoma, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, and Merced.
Our firm represents individuals, homeowners, commercial property owners and tenants, corporations, partnerships, and companies.
The firm provides aggressive representation in pursuing and protecting the client's financial and property interests. In all matters the needs, interests, and available resources of the Client are the paramount concerns in determining how a particular matter should be handled.
Please contact The Brereton Law Office to schedule an initial consultation and analysis for the proper protection of your rights.